Use a hyphen with compounds beginning with the prefix self. Example: self-centered
Instructions: Supply hyphens where they are needed in these sentences.
1. That man is very self reliant in all he does.
2. To succeed you must become less self indulgent.
3. To lose weight I must be self disciplined in my eating habits.
4. He started his college career with great self determination.
5. He refused to answer the questions because of self incrimination.
--For answers scroll down.
1. That man is very self-reliant in all he does.
2. To succeed you must become less self-indulgent.
3. To lose weight I must be self-disciplined in my eating habits.
4. He started his college career with great self-determination.
5. He refused to answer the questions because of self-incrimination.
http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog