Instructions: The following sentences are either a simple sentence, a compound sentence, a complex sentence or a compound/complex sentence. Identify the sentences telling what kind each is.
1. Jim and his friend Ryan had planned to return to Canada.
2. Although we searched everywhere, Curtis could find no trace of his shoes.
3. Alaina wrote an original poem, and her mother corrected her spelling.
4. Since he was entrusted with the secret, Fred became very serious, and he was no longer a practical joker.
5. The real story is that he was injured while he was hiking.
--For answers scroll down.
5. complexhttp://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog