Instructions: Find the verb, subjects, predicate nominatives, direct objects, appositives, nouns of address, and adjectives in the following sentences.
1. Jay, we will need the electrician's help tomorrow.
2. That's right!
3. That attractive woman in the red dress and shoes is she.
4. Two of the most famous bridges are Rainbow Bridge and Natural Bridge.
5. Mars has become the probe graveyard.
6. Ila was wearing her Christmas presents, a pearl necklace and earrings.
7. The game was won in the last second, Boyd!
8. Go and bring in the newspaper, Grandpa.
9. I need a new suit, some shoes, and a fancy tie.
10. Your mother is whipping the cream for the pumpkin pie, your favorite dessert.
--For answers scroll down.
1. will need = verb; we = subject; help = direct object; Jay = noun of address; the, electrician's = adjectives
2. is ('s) = verb; that = subject; right = predicate adjective
3. is = verb; woman = subject; she = predicate nominative; that, attractive, the, red = adjectives
4. are = verb; Two = subject; Rainbow Bridge/Natural Bridge = predicate nominatives; the, famous = adjectives
5. has become = verb; Mars = subject; graveyard = predicate nominative; the, probe = adjectives
6. was wearing = verb; Ila = subject; presents = direct object; necklace/earrings = appositives; her, Christmas, a, pearl = adjectives
7. was won = verb; game = subject; Boyd = noun of address; the, the, last = adjectives
8. go/bring = verbs; you (understood) = subject; newspaper = direct object; Grandpa = noun of address; the = adjective
9. need = verb; I = subject; suit/shoes/tie = direct objects; a, new, some, a, fancy = adjectives
10. is whipping = verb; mother = subject; cream = direct object; dessert = appositive; your, the, the, pumpkin, your, favorite = adjectives
http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog