Verb forms can also be used as adjectives. They are called participial adjectives.
Examples: the lost mine, the howling wolf.
Instructions: Pick out the adjectives in these sentences.
1. The soaking rain caused much damage.
2. The broken dish cut the crying girl.
3. A great work was done by the person with a giving spirit.
4. The laughing hyena was sleeping in its cage.
5. The eager student found the torn book.
--For answers scroll down.
1. The, soaking, much
2. The, broken, the, crying
3. A, great, the, a, giving
4. The, laughing, its
5. The, eager, the, torn
http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog