Use the slash (/) in abbreviations such as c/o (in care of) and to replace per mi./hr., words/min.
Instructions: Put slashes and abbreviations where they are needed in these sentences.
1. This car can go over 200 miles per hour.
2. My secretary types 80 words per minute.
3. Send it in care of The Boston Factory.
4. This snail moves only 3 feet per minute.
5. In Canada speed is measured in kilometers per hour.
--For answers scroll down.
1. This car can go over 200 mi./hr.
2. My secretary types 80 words/min.
3. Send it c/o The Boston Factory.
4. This snail moves only 3 ft./min.
5. In Canada speed is measured in km./hr.
http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog