Wednesday 11 May 2016

Lesson 429 - Mechanics - Punctuation - Dashes

Dashes are used to give emphasis to written ideas and are typed by using two hyphens. They should be used sparingly.

Use dashes to show hesitation. Example: I--I--I don't know what you mean!

Instructions: Use dashes where they are needed in the following sentences.

1. You you you are the one who did it.

2. I heard him say "Oh oh oh my head!"

3. I I I didn't mean to do it.

4. Well well well I guess I can try to help with it.

5. Soon very soon we should be there.


--For answers scroll down.










Answers:

1. You--you--you are the one who did it.

2. I heard him say "Oh--oh--oh my head!"

3. I--I--I didn't mean to do it.

4. Well--well--well I guess I can try to help with it.

5. Soon--very soon we should be there.

For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog
http://dailygrammarlessons.blogspot.com/2016/05/lesson-429-mechanics-punctuation-dashes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment