Use a hyphen to show the omission of a connecting word. Example: chapters 1-5 (through omitted)
Instructions: Supply hyphens and omit the words where they are needed in these sentences.
1. We studied the Franco and Prussian War in our history class.
2. For tomorrow read chapters 6 to 9 in your geography book.
3. The decade 1950 through 1959 was a great time to grow up.
4. The New York to Paris flight will leave on time.
5. Study your letters l through z for the next quiz.
--For answers scroll down.
1. We studied the Franco-Prussian War in our history class.
2. For tomorrow read chapters 6-9 in your geography book.
3. The decade 1950-1959 was a great time to grow up.
4. The New York-Paris flight will leave on time.
5. Study your letters l-z for the next quiz.
http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog