Indefinite pronouns show the possessive by adding 's. Example: one's idea
Indefinite pronouns are pronouns that do not point out specifically. They point out generally. They include such words as another, any, anybody, anyone, anything, both, each, either, everybody, everyone, everything, many, neither, nobody, none, no one, one, other, others, some, somebody, and someone.
Instructions: Supply the apostrophes and "s" ('s) to make the possessives in the following sentences.
1. Anyone guess is as good as mine.
2. Someone stupidity is going to hurt everyone chances for success.
3. I think everybody views should be heard.
4. No one vote should be left out.
5. Is this anybody book?
--For answers scroll down.
1. Anyone's guess is as good as mine.
2. Someone's stupidity is going to hurt everyone's chances for success.
3. I think everybody's views should be heard.
4. No one's vote should be left out.
5. Is this anybody's book?
http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog