Use quotation marks around the exact words of a speaker. Example: He said, "I saw that." "I saw it too," she said.
Instructions: Use quotation marks where needed in these sentences.
1. I wish the election were over, said Fred.
2. Will they finish this week? asked Frida.
3. Willard added, It is becoming a joke.
4. We can now see that every vote counts, concluded Sara.
5. Yes, we know that we should vote every time, commented Jeff.
--For answers scroll down.
1. "I wish the election was over," said Fred.
2. "Will they finish this week?" asked Frida.
3. Willard added, "It is becoming a joke!"
4. "We can now see that every vote counts," concluded Sara.
5. "Yes, we know that we should vote every time," commented Jeff.
http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog