Friday 29 January 2016

Quiz for Lessons 351 - 355 - Mechanics - Punctuation - Commas

Instructions: Place commas where they are needed.

1. Ila indeed is a good mother.

2. I hope Jennie that you don't go to jail.

3. My son-in-law Chris will be able to vote in the coming election.

4. Oh Gail I hope that you on the other hand will be happy with your decision your move to Europe.

5. We sat in the shade beneath a broad green tree Irene.

6. It was a lovely happy memorable time.

7. I know after all you will be successful.

8. Mr. Allen Rudy the boy next door has been fighting with your brother Richard.

9. Of course we could hear immediately that you after all will be going to Santos a great city in Brazil.

10. Well Will I hope to see you by the way in Manaus on our return from our vacation a trip to Australia.


--For answers scroll down.












Answers:

1. Ila, indeed, is a good mother.

2. I hope, Jennie, that you don't go to jail.

3. My son-in-law Chris will be able to vote in the coming election. (a closely related appositive or use commas around Chris if you thought it was a noun of address) My son-in-law, Chris, will be able to vote in the coming election.

4. Oh, Gail, I hope that you, on the other hand, will be happy with your decision, your move to Europe.

5. We sat in the shade beneath a broad green tree, Irene.

6. It was a lovely, happy, memorable time.

7. I know, after all, you will be successful.

8. Mr. Allen, Rudy, the boy next door, has been fighting with your brother Richard. (Richard is a closely related appositive)

9. Of course, we could hear immediately that you, after all, will be going to Santos, a great city in Brazil.

10. Well, Will, I hope to see you, by the way, in Manaus on our return from our vacation, a trip to Australia.

For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog
http://dailygrammarlessons.blogspot.com/2016/01/quiz-for-lessons-351-355-mechanics.html

No comments:

Post a Comment