Capitalize a common noun when it is part of a proper noun. Examples: river - Jordan River, uncle - Uncle Al, street - Main Street
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. i have crossed the missouri river.
2. Did you attend mountain view high school?
3. the three boys joined the boy scouts.
4. aunt alice will be coming from africa.
5. The magazine people is read by many people.
--For answers scroll down.
1. I/Missouri River
2. Mountain View High School
3. The (at beginning of sentence)/Boy Scouts
4. Aunt Alice/Africa
5. People (the first one)
http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog