Friday 25 September 2015

Quiz for Lessons 261 - 265 - Parts of the Sentence - Adverb Clauses

Instructions: Find the adverb clauses in the following sentences and tell what they modify.

1. I am hungrier than I thought.

2. We left before the game was over.

3. Lee is older than Bill.

4. While I was waiting for the phone call, I read a book.

5. If you don't believe me, ask my wife.

6. Are you upset because I didn't call?

7. The alarm rang while I was in the shower.

8. Open the window so that we can have some fresh air.

9. Paul will take you home when you are ready.

10. You shouldn't say those things unless you are certain about their validity.


--For answers scroll down.











Answers:

1. than I thought modifies the predicate adjective hungrier

2. before the game was over modifies the verb left

3. than Bill (is old) modifies the predicate adjective older

4. While I was waiting for the phone call modifies the verb read

5. If you don't believe me modifies the verb ask

6. because I didn't call modifies the predicate adjective upset

7. while I was in the shower modifies the verb rang

8. so that we can have some fresh air modifies the verb open

9. when you are ready modifies the verb will take

10. unless you are certain about their validity modifies the verb should say

For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog
http://dailygrammarlessons.blogspot.com/2015/09/quiz-for-lessons-261-265-parts-of.html

No comments:

Post a Comment